Biscuits are the snack time favorites of people of all the ages. We are also biscuit lovers and keep browsing for new varieties of them. Apart from store bought ones, I would love to prepare different types of biscuits at home. When it comes to bakery style food like Benne (Butter) Biscuit, Nippattu, etc., hubby prefers and love to eat the home made ones.
Many of you must have heard of Karachi Bakery in Hyderabad. They are famous for their food products especially Fruit Biscuit and Cashew Biscuits. When we were in Bangalore, we were sure to get a parcel of these goodies if anybody among the friends or family is visiting Hyderabad! My sister's family who stays in Hyderabad, will bring Karachi Biscuits every time when they are coming for vacation. These days, we can find these biscuits in some of the shops in Bangalore as well.
I was planning to prepare this kind of biscuits at home and was not sure how to prepare. I just went with my recipe of Orange Shortbread, made slight changes and prepared Cashew Biscuits. Hubby and daughter appreciated these biscuits a lot and I was up in the air! Prepared it several times already and the biscuits were sold out quickly!
Sharing the recipe of these tasty and addictive Cashew Biscuits here with you. Merry Christmas to all!
Preparation Time: 25 - 30 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 30 biscuits (depending on the size)
Difficulty level: Medium
- All purpose flour / Maida - 4 1/2 cup
- Butter (at room temperature) - 185 gm
- Sugar - 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 3/4 tsp
- Broken cashews - 1 1/4 cup (as desired)
- Take out the sugar and make a fine powder using an electric mixer or blender.
- Beat the butter till its creamy. I have used hand mixer for beating. It can be done using the egg beater as well.
- Add the sugar powder in 2 - 3 batches to this butter and beat till its fluffy and creamy. Finally add the vanilla essence and beat it for a while.
- Add the all purpose flour gradually and make a soft, non - sticky dough ball.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into two or three equal parts according to your convenience. Roll each dough ball into a square or rectangle of half inch thickness.
- Spread the broken cashews generously on the top of rolled dough. Roll it gently to make sure that the cashews are fixed into the dough properly.
- Cut them into squares or rectangles and line them on the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for about 18 - 20 minutes till they turn into light golden color. Mine got done exactly at 20 minutes.
- Take the biscuits out after 4 - 5 minutes and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy the delicious biscuits with a cup of tea or coffee!