Hibiscus is one of the most common garden plants which is easy to grow and lasts for years. We can find varieties of hibiscus plants everywhere. This plant has got lot of uses. People use hibiscus flowers for offering to God. Hibiscus leaves are good for hair growth and remedy for all hair problems. We can prepare Juice and Tea using hibiscus flowers, which is good for health.
We had a Hibiscus plant in our backyard. It was full of flowers all the time except during peak winter. We used to pick the flowers daily for offering to God. Kiddo also wanted some flowers for playing and she never missed her share :) Even after picking so many flowers, we could see many flowers still on the plant.
These days, I have learned a new recipe using hibiscus flowers. Hibiscus Juice is damn easy to prepare and tastes really yum! I just love that sparkling red color of this juice. Ingredients for this juice are also simple..one can give it a try anytime!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
- Red hibiscus flowers - 3
- Ginger - 2 inch (sliced)
- Sugar - 4 tbsp or according to taste
- Water - 1 1/2 cup (1 cup = 400 ml)
- Lime - half piece
- Heat water in a vessel. Add the ginger slices and hibiscus petals and boil it for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Filter the boiled water using a tea strainer.
- Add sugar and lime juice according to taste. You can see the color of juice changes to sparkling red now.
- Make it cool before serving. Also, you can refrigerate it or add ice cubes if desired.