ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಲು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ.
Fruits and vegetables are part of our daily diet and of course, they are the main sources of nutrients needed for our body. Especially, green leaves like spinach, dill, etc. contain lot of iron, calcium and folic acid. Vegetarians has to depend on these leafy veggies which is the main source of folic acid for them. Regular usage of these leaves and vegetables is highly recommended for our well being.
I was not a big fan of Dill leaves till my pregnancy. During my postpartum period, my mom used to prepare various healthy and delicious dishes using dill leaves. She told me the benefits of using dill leaves as part of our food. I enjoyed eating them, and these recipes were added to my recipe book quickly!
Below is the recipe of Dill Leaves Stir Fry which is very quick and easy. Just try it and enjoy eating!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 - 5
Difficulty level: Easy
- Dill leaves - 1 big bunch
- Split urad dal - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 3/4 tsp
- Pinch of asafoetida / hing
- Grated coconut (optional) - 2 tbsp
- Amchur powder - 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Masala powder - 3 1/2 tsp or to taste (See Tips)
- Sugar - 3/4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil - 4 tbsp
- Wash the dill leaves in running water and chop it finely.
- Take a heavy bottom pan. Heat 4 tbsp of oil on medium flame. Add urad dal, asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- Once you hear the crackling sound of mustard seeds, add the masala powder and chopped dill leaves. Add salt, sugar and amchur powder according to taste and mix it well. Keep the lid half closed and cook it for 5 minutes. Saute it occasionally.
- Once it is cooked nicely, add 2 tbsp of grated coconut, if you wish. Saute it for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Try this yummy n healthy side dish with rice or chapathi.
- Any kind of Sambar Powder can be used for this recipe. Adjust the quantity of masala powder according to its spiciness.