ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಲು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ.
Broccoli is one among those veggies which are very good for our health. This green colored veggie looks bit similar to cauliflower, but belongs to the family of cabbage! As read in Wiki, Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C and dietary fiber. It has got some other benefits such as anti-cancer properties. Due to its health benefits, I have made it a habit of using broccoli in my cooking on regular basis these days.
Broccoli is very good for preparing Indian dishes like Paratha, Stir Fry, Curry and so on. Broccoli Stir Fry is of our family favorite. I was thinking of sharing this recipe from quite a long time, but was not able to click the picks. These days, little one keeps an eye on my activities all the time. Whenever I prepare some dishes and arrange them for the photo shoot, her little hands will be there to rearrange everything! So, my clicking activities are restricted to week-ends most of the time, when she will be busy with her dad :)
Here is the recipe of Broccoli Stir Fry / Broccoli Palya. Simple yet delicious, I hope you will love it!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- Broccoli, slit into medium size florets - 3 cups
- Onion - 1 small
- Crushed ginger, garlic - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Chop the onion into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add the crushed ginger - garlic and saute for a while. Once it turns lightly brownish, add the chopped onion and fry till it looks transparent.
- Add the broccoli florets and salt to taste. Cook it covered. Give it a stir occasionally.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder when the broccoli is almost done.
- Cook it for 2 - 3 minutes more and turn off the flame.
- Serve this delicious Broccoli Stir Fry with lunch or just have them as it is!