Happy new year to everyone! I was planning to post this recipe on the first day of new year. But it was time to enjoy the long holidays and I couldn't find any time for blogging. We were busy with shopping and roaming around here and there. Holidays got over like that and now, I am back to my routine!
First recipe for this year is dedicated to all the chocolate lovers! I have adopted this recipe from a fellow blogger's site. Few years back when I started my baking journey, I used to keep browsing for varieties of cake recipes. I think, this was the first chocolate cake I prepared. It was so yummy and we just loved it! Then onwards, I have prepared this soft and delicious chocolate cake many a times. I have tried few other versions of chocolate cake recipes, but very much addicted to this recipe.
This recipe is from Raks Kitchen. She has a wonderful collection of recipes with mouth watering picks. I have tried this recipe exactly the same way she wrote and didn't make any changes. Try this yummy cake and let me know how it turned out!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 35 - 40 minutes
Difficulty level: Medium
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Oil (vegetable oil or sunflower oil) - 1/4 cup
- Lime juice / vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease the baking tray and dust with some flour. Dusting with flour is to avoid the cake sticking to the vessel.
- Combine all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Sieve it once so that everything will be mixed properly.
- Powder the sugar and mix it with water. Once sugar is diluted, add lime juice, oil and vanilla essence. Mix it well.
- Fold in the flour mixture into this water and mix it nicely.
- Transfer the batter onto the greased baking tray and bake it for 35 - 40 minutes. To check whether its done or not, insert a tooth pick upto the bottom of the cake. If batter is not sticking to the toothpick, its clear that the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool down. Then, cut it into pieces and enjoy!