Blueberries are one of among the Baker's favorite fruits. As the name indicates, these pretty fruits are blue in color and have a sweet and a bit sour taste. I had eaten fresh blueberries quite a few times, but never used them in baking. Last month, we bought the frozen ones to prepare smoothie and I thought of preparing Blueberry Muffins for the kiddo with the leftover fruits.
Whenever I plan to bake something, I need to think of the egg substitute first, since we wont eat eggs. This time, I decided to use milk to prepare my muffins. Experiment went on well and the muffins tasted good. But I felt like some more improvement is needed. Next time, I replaced milk with curd in the same recipe and yippee..muffins came out perfect!
I have tried this recipe several times and yes! now its the time to share the recipe with you all!! Here is the recipe of Egg less Blueberry Muffins..
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 23 - 25 minutes
Yield: 6 muffins
Difficulty level: Medium
- All purpose flour / Maida - 2 1/2 cup (1 cup = 70 gm)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 3/4 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - pinch
- Blueberries - 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Sieve all purpose flour 2 - 3 times and keep aside.
- Combine curd and sugar in a mixing bowl and dissolve the sugar completely.
- To this, add baking powder, baking soda and mix it slowly. Leave it for 2 - 3 minutes to rise.
- Add oil, pinch of salt and vanilla essence to the curd mixture and mix it lightly.
- Fold in the all purpose flour in small batches and mix it slowly without lumps. This batter will be thicker than the regular cake batter. If you find it too hard to mix, you can add 1 - 2 spoon of milk. For me, it was fine and I didn't add any milk.
- Finally add the blueberries to the muffin batter and mix it well.
- Fill the batter in lined muffin cups up to 3/4th level and leave some space for them to rise. This batter would be sufficient to make 6 medium sized muffins.
- Keep the muffin tray inside the oven and bake for 23 - 25 minutes or till done. Check the muffins after baking for 20 minutes. If the toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean, its the indication that the muffins are done.
- Take out the muffins and keep them on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy the home made Egg less Blueberry Muffins with your family!
- I have used frozen blueberries here; fresh blueberries also goes well for this recipe.
- Don't add more blueberries than mentioned above. Once I had added 3/4th cup of blueberries instead of 1/2 cup. It was too moist and the texture was not to good.