Dry Fruits Ladoo is a very common sweet which is found in most of the sweet stalls in Karnataka. These ladoos are made of all healthy ingredients like almonds, cashews, poppy seeds, raisins, dates, etc. and taste divine! These yummy ladoos are good for people of all ages.
At home, we all love munching dry fruits and nuts. But what happens normally is, one day we tend to eat more of them and the next day, we forget to eat them. If Dry Fruit Ladoos are there at home, we won't forget to eat them daily! Thats the reason I keep making these ladoos at home regularly.
Here is my version of Dry Fruit Ladoo..
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Yield: 30 ladoos (depending on the size)
Difficulty level: Medium
- Dates (De-seeded and roughly chopped) - 2 cups (1 cup=
- Chopped almonds - 1/2 cup
- Broken cashews - 1/2 cup
- Raisins - 1/2 cup
- Shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
- Poppy seeds - 1/4 cup
- Ghee / Clarified butter - 4 tbsp
- Heat a heavy bottom pan. Toast the chopped almonds, broken cashews and poppy seeds separately.
- Then, Melt the ghee in the same pan. Add the chopped dates and raisins. Keep mixing the mixture for 4 - 5 minutes or till it becomes like a dough.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the dates mixture and mix them well.
- Make equal sized balls from the mixture and store them in an airtight container.