ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಲು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ.
I had thought of posting this recipe before the jack fruit season ends. But these days, I am busy with my little daughter. There's no time left for doing even my routine things! And now, I am realizing why many women blogger buddies stop their writing after having kids :)
This year, I was in my native during jack fruit season and enjoyed different dishes of jack fruit. Here is the recipe of Jack Fruit Kheer (Payasa) for you. Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious kheer when you get this fruit next time!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 - 5
Difficulty level: Medium
- Ripe jack fruit flesh cut into medium size pieces - 2 cups
- Milk - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt to taste (a pinch)
- Sugar - 1 cup or according to taste
- Jaggery - 2 tsp (optional)
- Semolina (sooji rava) - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Take semolina in a small bowl. Add about half a cup water and mix it nicely with fingers or a spoon. Drain all the water and allow it to soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a medium size vessel. Once the water becomes hot, add salt and sugar and boil it for 2 minutes. To this, add jack fruit pieces and cook it for a minute.
- Once the jack fruit pieces are cooked, add washed semolina. Stir it continuously to avoid lumps.
- When the semolina is cooked and the kheer mixture becomes thick, add milk and cardamom powder.
- Allow it to boil for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. That's all, delicious kheer is ready to enjoy!
- Ripe jack fruit flesh gets cooked faster. So, take care and don't allow to overcook. If overcooked, it will become like a thick gravy.