ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಲು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ.
There are some vegetables which have become part of our daily cooking, without which we can't do full pledged cooking. For eg: Tomato, Green beans, etc.. These veggies are easily available everywhere in all the seasons. Preparing the rice items like Pulao and some common daily dishes like Sambar, Palya (Stir fry) or Rasam will become really difficult without such veggies.
I always love to use green beans (also called as French beans) in my cooking. Delicious Sambar, Stir Fry, Pulav, Hashi (Rayita), etc. can be prepared using this beans along with other different vegetables. These days, my little one loves to eat fresh green beans. She enjoys eating all the dishes prepared using green beans. Because of her love towards green beans, we are buying this vegetable every time when we go for buying vegetables!
Below is the recipe of Green Beans Palya / Stir Fry. This simple and delicious Palya suits well with rice, roti and dosa.
Preparation Time: 20 - 25 minutes
Difficulty level: Medium
- Fresh green beans - 300 gm
- Dry red chilli - 1/2 piece
- Green chilli - 1 (adjust according to taste)
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 strand
- Salt to taste
- Amchur powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Sugar - 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut (optional) - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup or more
- Wash and clean the green beans, chop them finely.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add dry red chilli pieces, urad dal, mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Saute them on low flame. Once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add chopped green chillies and curry leaves.
- Saute it for a while and add the chopped green beans. Add around 1/2 cup of water and cook it covered. If the beans is tender ones, this much water will be good enough for cooking. If its grown ones, you may have to add more water.
- Saute the mixture occasionally. Once its half cooked, add salt, sugar and amchur powder for taste and mix it well.
- If the beans is tender ones, it will get cooked by 10 - 12 minutes. Else, it may take more time.
- Once its cooked completely, add the grated coconut and cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Serve this healthy n delicious Palya / Poriyal along with rice, roti or dosa.