Strawberry is one of my kiddo's favourite fruits. She demands for it everytime when we go for buying fruits. Strawberries are tend to spoil very quickly, even when we refrigerate them. So whenever we buy 2-3 boxes of strawberries, I will end up preparing some milkshake, jam or ice-cream. Home made ones are free from artificial colors, flavours and preservatives and delicious too!
Here is my simple recipe of Strawberry Ice-cream..
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Refrigeration time: 5 - 6 hours
Serves - 7 to 8
- Strawberries - 250 gm
- Thick cream - 250 gm
- Sugar - 2 tbsp or to taste
- Wash and clean the strawberries, remove the stems. Chop them into small / medium chunks.
- Combine them with thick cream and sugar and blend smoothly using a mixer or blender.
- Transfer the blended mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours or till it becomes hard.
- Take out the ice-cream mixture and blend it for 4 - 5 minutes or till smooth and keep it back into the freezer. Repeat this step 2 - 3 times to get a smooth textured ice-cream.
- Scoop the ice-cream and serve it!
- If you want some strawberry chunks in the ice-cream, add 4 - 5 tsp of finely chopped strawberries after blending the mixture for the final time. Mix it well and refrigerate.